In this article, we will explain how to install and configure GeyserMC on your Minecraft Server.
What is GeyserMC?
GeyserMC is a plugin which allows players to join your Minecraft Server on both Bedrock and Java edition. Before GeyserMC, users could not play cross-platform with both Java and Bedrock edition, however this is now possible!
1. Load your server with a JAR capable enough to run Spigot/Bukkit plugins. We recommend either PaperSpigot, Spigot or CraftBukkit.
- Visit GeyserMC's website https://geysermc.org/and select "Download" from the navigation bar at the top.
- You should now be taken to Jenkins, where you can select which JAR file you would like to use under "Branch Master". In this tutorial, we will be using Geyser-Spigot.jar
- Once you have clicked the file, a download should start. Make sure this is kept somewhere easily accessible as we will require it later.
- From the breadcrumbs at the top, select GeyserMC, which will take you to a list of repositories in GeyserMC
- Click Floodgate from the list, then click Master
- Now select `floodgate-bukkit.jar` from the list, and wait for the file to download.
- Head over to your server dashboard, and connect to your server using either our Web FTP of using an FTP Client.
- Locate the `plugins` directory, and upload both of the downloaded JAR files in to that folder.
- Restart your Minecraft Server.
- You should see Geyser and Floodgate enable in the console upon restarting
- Head back into your plugins directory, then select "Geyser-Spigot". From there edit your `config.yml` file.
- Under Bedrock
- Set `port` to your servers port.
- Set the address under remote to `127.0.0.1`
- Set the port under remote to your servers port.
- Set the auth-type to `floodgate`
You can also edit "server-name" and "motd1/motd2" to add more customisation if you wish.
- Save the file and restart your server.
Your server should now work on Bedrock and Java edition